actually played videos in the 80s.
9. There was only one kind of Nike tennis shoes (White with
a red swoosh), and they didn't cost $125.
8. A comb in your back pocket is more practical and less
painful than a ring through your nose.
7. In the 80s playing video games actually meant going out
to DO something.
6. In the 80s, when you were out partying, you didn't have
to worry about your Mom calling you on your cell phone.
5. In the 80s we didn't have to worry about getting our
heads blown off at school - unless you put a whole pack of Pop
Rocks in your mouth and drank a coke.
4. Debbie Gibson vs. Britney Spears. New Kids on the Block
vs. N'Sync. New Edition vs. Hanson. Ok, that one's a draw.
3. In the early 80s there were kids in your high school
who could BUY ALCOHOL LEGALLY.
2. Feathered hair was easier to care for than dreadlocks.
And the number one reason the 80s were a cooler time to
grow up than the 90s:
1. In the 80s you didn't have to worry about your pants
falling down all the time. They were so tight we couldn't get