THE FOLLOWING IS A PARTIAL LIST OF ACTUAL WRITTEN EXCUSES
GIVEN TO TEACHERS IN THE ALBUQUERQUE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM BY
PARENTS OF STUDENTS:
1. Dear School: Please excuse John from being absent on
Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33.
2. Please excuse Dianne from being absent yesterday.She was
in bed with gramps.
3. Please excuse Johnnie for being. It was his father's fault.
4. Chris will not be in school because he has an acre in his
5. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken off his
6. Excuse Gloria. She has been under the doctor.
7. Lillie was absent from school yesterday because she had a
8. My son is under the doctor's care and should not take fizical
ed. Please execute him.
9. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football.
He was hit in the growing part.
10. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired.
She spent this weekend with the Marines.
11. Please excuse Joyce from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday
she fell off a tree and misplaced her hip.
12. Please excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose
13. Maryann was absent Dec. 11-16, because she had a fever,
sore throat, headache, and upset stomach. Her sister was also
sick, fever and sore throat, her brother had a low-grade fever.
There must be the flu going around, her father even got hot
14. Please excuse Blanche from jim today. She is administrating.
15. George was absent yesterday because he had a stomach.
16. Ralph was absent yesterday because he had a sore trout.
17. Please excuse Sara for being absent. She was sick and I
had her shot.
18. Please excuse Lupe. She is having problems with her ovals.
19. Please excuse Pedro from being absent yesterday. He had
diah (*crossed out*), diahoah(*crossed out*), dyah(*crossed
out*) the shits.